10 September 2011

God Bless The U.S.A. May we never forget that day..

God Bless The U.S.A. May we never forget that day..


by Beatrice Gevin on Saturday, September 10, 2011 at 8:40pm
.



I remember walking into my daughter house asking her if she was ready to go. I

was taking my daughter the cancer center in Erie, and was to watch my

grand-daughter when we got there..hoping & praying for good news for my

daughter.. And she says, mom listen something happen on the t.v. and we wacthed

together as things where unfolding right in front us. Just listening to all the

horriable news that the World Trade Center had just blown up. We thought we

where all under attack right than no one knew what was going on. So we had to

make it to her appt. and news was all over everywhere and we where just all in

shock and all I wanted to hear that day is that my daughter was cancer free so

she could be here to raise her son & daughter. My heart was heavy & so

breaking so for everyone that was at the world trade center & than for the

other plane that went down in Pa. also. And not knowing what was going to happen

again I thought this could be the end of the world. I prayed for God to Bless

The U.S.A. and to help all those you had gone threw that day to help others and for all

the famlies who loss so very much that day. As the day went on and the sky was so very silent & nothing but stillness in the air. I was wonder & thinking of all who lost their life's that day & days after that. What would I do if I lost a loved one. I do not think I could go on. But that day I had to be thank-full to God for the doctor that giving my daughter the good news that she was cancer free that day..but my heart was so very heavy

broken for all who lost so much that day. I will never forget that day. I will

always be praying for God To Bless The U.S.A. As I write this ,relized that I

made a quilted wall hanging in memory of my dad serving our country in WW11.

A fabric with red white & blue with big yellow flowers with stars & stripes with the words," GOD BLESS THE USA". Also I put 3 photo's on the quilt, one of a little baby trying on he's

daddy big shoes on, likes he's in a hurry to grow up. And a soldier kneeling at a cross

who has losed a loved one. And my father in he's wheel chair at the V.A.

hospital in Erie Pa. in hospice care a few weeks before he died, on Dec.6,2009.

I will be entering this in the Albion Area Fair this year! 2011 the tenth anniversary of Sept. 11th.as I am finishing it up on that day, in honor of all we have lost and are fighting for... "God Bless The U.S.A.

May we never forget that day. To stay strong to the end. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment