17 November 2011

11/17/11 Meeting Highlights

Just thought I would share a little about our meeting today, for those who couldn't make it - we missed you!

Alright girls! Welcome to the new blog! I'm so glad that we decided to keep it up as it's fun to see what everyone has to share and write, even when we can't get together. Everyone should be added and able to post from their blogger.com/home dashboard. Let me know if you're having problems, I can help!

I didn't have a chance to talk to Aimee today but I am hoping that she'll agree to do a weekly or bi-weekly giveaway posts with the best crafty things out there to win! If anyone else has ideas, then go for  it! the more posts, the funner the blog will be. You can share crafts, life, recipes, whatever!

I was supposed to put something funny in here about mom, so I will just tell you that she worked on a crocheted slipper for hours today, then ripped it out because there is NO WAY that was going to be a slipper.... I think that pattern she borrowed from me needs some tweaking. She did find a different one though and I can't wait to see the finished pair!

Aunt Edith was working on a pair of knit slippers. I don't know how she could keep all the balls of yarn she had in order. She was making both pairs at the same time on the same needle! She said that it helped her to keep both slippers uniform. They sure were pretty! 

Also, before we said our goodbyes for the day, we thought up a new project for the group -- if everyone is game. We all have scraps and extra bits of yarn lying around from our yarn projects. Heck, I have a whole box of baby balls ;) Wanna make some Scrappy Lapghans?

This can be an ongoing thing if we like it, and NO deadlines. If you feel like knitting or crocheting a square or two, bring them to a meeting and we'll toss them in a "Scrap Square Bin". When the bin gets full, we can spend a meeting or two whip stitching them together. What do you think?

Aunt Edith suggested keeping the squares basically the same size for easier blanket making and thought 5" squares would be a good size to stick to, give or take. We can always add a row or two of single crochet to squares if needed. We just thought this would be a fun way for everyone to use up their scraps and put a little piece of everyone into some donation blankets.

One last thing - do any of these fonts catch your eye? I'm thinking we'll just keep the blog nice and simple for now, we can always spruce it up a bit later on!

click the image to see fonts at full size!

Henrietta

No comments:

Post a Comment