15 December 2011

Knotty Christmas Party Highlights

Our second annual Knotty Christmas Party was a success! Again, Aunt Edith graciously hosted our gathering, how beautiful her home was decorated! I forgot to bring my camera along but Mom had hers handy so we were able to snap a few photos to share. 

We spent a few hours just chatting and working on projects. Aunt Edith's new dog Rosy wasn't too keen on that idea and Aimee and I found Rosy wiggling her way into our laps on several occasions, what sweet pup she is! 

We opened our exchange gifts after a vote from Aunt Edith and Lisa's daughter suggesting that presents should be first! 

I think most of us admitted that we had either finished up our projects last night, or even this morning! I know I was guilty of finishing the doily I made mom last night when I remembered that I hadn't yet threaded the ribbon around the outside edge or wrapped it! talk about last minute gifts! 

It was so fun to see what everyone came up with! Aunt Edith made Aimee a gorgeous set of throw pillows! they had pretty flowers in browns and creams on all four sides and a wide lace trim. Gorgeous! I made a nightstand doily for Mom and added a quilt block pattern with a few squares to get started. Amanda received a beautiful winter set from Mom that included a pair of mittens, a crochet hat and a too cute scarf with an adorable penguin! Lisa received a very pretty crochet scarf in greens. She missed the name drawing so we were so happy that Mom made her something special too :) And we we are glad to have you as the newest group member Lisa! Aimee made Aunt Edith a fab pair of knitted slippers -- not just any slippers but Sneaker Slippers! they are pretty cool and we all loved the speckled black yarn.


Amanda drew my name and I LOVE love LOVE the gift she made me! A BIG chicken hot pad and two awesome Rooster pot holders! They are so pretty and just perfect because I was looking at fabric the other day to make stool cushions that will match! WooHoo!


Doesn't it look great on our new table! 


After gifts, I think that I can safely say, we feasted! Everyone brought a little something and between the hot chocolates, tea, coffee, sandwiches, assorted breads, fruit, pickles, fudge and dump cake -- we left feeling quite satisfied! We're taking a short break to recover from Christmas and New Years and will return to meetings on January 19th. We're all excited to hear from Amanda how her son Michael's graduation goes. She'll be headed down to Parris Island for his Marine Corps Graduation!! Go Mike, we're all so proud of you!

Looking forward to another year of Knotty fun with all of you girls :)

Henrietta<3



1 comment: